Here at River Laver we are able to offer you the latest models from the top holiday home manufacturers as well as a great choice of pre-owned units too.

  • Each pitch has its own hard standing parking and flagged patio area for sitting out and enjoying your morning coffee or evening BBQ!
  • Your holiday home is available for you to use from 1st March until 3rd January, so you can even enjoy the Christmas and New Year festivities in Ripon.
  • Please note, our holiday homes are for holiday/recreational use only, and you must have a main residence elsewhere where you mainly live. Sorry, River Laver is not a residential park.

We are confident you will enjoy many happy holidays in your caravan. This is a holiday park and it is important you consider what that means, the following questions and answers explain the holiday use requirement.

Q: What can my caravan be used for?

A: Caravans at our park can only be used for holiday purposes. This means the caravan may not be someone's main residence. That is why we ask you about the address of your main residence and we will continue to do so while you own the caravan.

Q: What is a holiday?

A: A holiday is a period of recreation away from your main residence, during which no work is done.

Q: How long can a holiday be?

A: Individual circumstances vary. The point is that someone who is on holiday has their main residence elsewhere where they mainly live.

Q: How frequently can I have a holiday?

A: There is no limit to the number of holidays which can be taken in the caravan provided that it is not used as someone's only or main place of residence.

Q: Can I work locally, and my children go to local schools?

A: No, as commuting to work or school from this park would be taken as strongly indicating the caravan is being used as someone's main residence.

Q: Can I register with the doctor locally?

A: Of course, people get ill on holiday and may use the local doctor as a temporary patient. It should not be necessary for someone with a main residence elsewhere to register with the doctor for holiday periods unless they have particular health requirements.

Q: My main residence is overseas. Does this count?

A: Yes, but all the facts are relevant when deciding whether the overseas property or the caravan is your main residence. These would include whether you own the overseas property or, if it is rented, then how long you have rented it for, how much time you spend in the caravan and how much in the overseas property.

Q: Can I run a business from the Caravan?

A: Definitely not. This would not be consistent with holiday use. However, if someone wanted to keep in touch with their work, or business whilst they are on holiday, for example, they could use a laptop, tablet or smartphone.

Q: Can I have post delivered to the park?

A: We do not facilitate this. If post is delivered as a matter of course, this would indicate the caravan is being used as an only or main place of residence.

Q: Can I register for council tax in order to obtain housing benefit?

A: No. Business rates and not council tax are charged for caravans. Paying council tax or receiving housing benefit to pay the pitch fees would be taken as strongly indicating the caravan is being used as a main residence.

Q: What happens if I break the holiday rule?

A: Your licence agreement with us contains your undertaking to comply with the holiday rule. If you broke that we would ask you to stop doing so. If you were to fail to comply, we would be entitled to terminate the licence agreement and to ask you to remove the caravan. The planning authority might ask take action against you for breach of the holiday rule.

Q: What happens if my circumstances change?

A: Your licence agreement does not allow the caravan to be used as a main residence, even on a temporary basis.